AFCD launches HK nature books inc on central NT

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I went to Cheung Sha Wan Govt Offices today, to attend launch ceremony for several new books from the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Dept (together with the Friends of Country Parks, and Cosmos Books). Titles inc one on Landscape Photography, by Edward Stokes (inc photos by country parks staff I think). Also one I wrote much text for, on hlls and country parks from Ma On Shan west to Tai Mo Shan (and Kam Tin Country Park). Has the very curious English name Central Ridge and West – tho I’d suggested HK’s Dragon Hills as main title (it’s used as a title in the book). Though I’m biased, seems to be one of the better books from AFCD et al: informative text (not all by me; indeed, guff I wrote on Tai Po Kau for some reason not present), plenty of photos, various illustrations and diagrams. At HK$80, hardly a major wallet-breaker. Other books included a field guide to Hong Kong’s land mammals; first such guide for 40 years. AFCD et al have published a slew of books lately; a few Chinese only, but many are Chinese and English. Don’t seem readily found in English language bookshops – but Cosmos carries a comprehensive range: to find them in the Wanchai (Johnston Road) store, head downstairs, and look around Chinese language shelves for country park etc photos.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.