Enjoying Hiking

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

[flickr-photoset:id=72157627981523544,size=t]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30230730@N06/6282287649/in/photostream

Hiking at The Peak Trail last January 2011. My first hiking adventure with my friends.

Hi vagzydir:

Thanks for posting this; great trail for photos! (I figured how to include thumbnails of your photoset)

Hope you've done plenty more hikes since, with more to come with weather cooler – tho, sadly, cooler weather also tends to mean views are a lot less clear than on hot summer days

Martin

I did some more hiking after that Peak trip. Loving it, thanks to my boss friend who encouraged me to do so. I even encouraged my friends too. Love the view but yeah in cooler weather, you can’t really see the views clearly. I still have some pictures to post, i’m just having a hard time figuring out how to post it here. ha ha! Not a computer genius. Thanks for the thumbnails. I’ve started the Maclehose Trail already. I just hope i could complete it, no skipping the other trail.

[flickr-photo:id=230452326,size=s] or [flickr-photoset:id=72157627856863935,size=t]

not working in Mar 2013: flickr.com/photos/30230730@N06/sets/72157627856863935/

March 6, 2011: Second Hiking trip with my friends where we got lost out of the main trail. Somewhere in the trail, i saw a lady who comes out from the narrow path. Trying to get more adventure by that time, enjoying the hike, i decided to follow the path from where the (probably british or american ) lady came out. Ha ha, honestly, i'm about to get nervous when we just kept on going and seems no one else going that way, we met a chinese couple along the and asked them if we are on a right track (thanks for my little cantonese knowledge).

After half an hour, still we are following a narrow path. We stopped after 30 more minutes, tried to get the gps from my phone but couldnt get it. Then we decided to go back to the main trail where we started for we got worried we might get caught by dark in that way. That's when we met this chinese guy who guide us our way out. 45 minutes more and we came to this top of mountain where the stone mark says it's the highest peak in that trail.

We were told seldom hikers used that way because of the steep way down on the side of the mountain. Truly, not an easy climb and back down that way. My ass kissed the ground twice and hurt my palm for grabbing something to hold on to avoid myself from falling down. (haha, clumsy me )

When we got out of that path, we pass down to a cemetery back to Chaiwan area.

Hi vagzydir:

Thanks for this post, too; another top trail

For Flickr sets, a bit of a faff to add:

you need code like this:

[flickr-photo:id=230452326,size=s] or [flickr-photoset:id=72157627856863935,size=t] – but with number of the set, which is in the URL

– and you need to look below the input box, to find "Input format", and choose Full HTML or BBCode etc, where you should also see instruction for using Flickr set

If too much hassle, don't worry, I'll probably do as and when I notice you've posted.

Thank you for the info Doc. I’ll try to do it after my work. For the meantime, gotta get my ass back to work. Ha ha.

This our last hiking trip before the summer.
    [flickr-photoset:id=72157627993020668,size=t]
    We didn’t go much further for we come late already and we can’t stay late.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.