Li Ka-shing says greenies affect revenue for everybody

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

From today’s South China Morning Post – the “Mr Li” being Li Ka-shing, who’s more a God of Concrete:

Quote:
    In a press conference to announce his conglomerate’s mid-term results, Mr Li was asked whether his companies would reduce investments in property development because of increasing pressure brought by environmentalists.

“It affects the [government] revenue, which is everybody’s revenue in Hong Kong,” Mr Li said. “This will affect revenue in the Treasury and the people of Hong Kong. We will wait for history to judge.”

Mr Li’s son, Victor Li Tzar-kuoi, said the conservationists had “found the wrong targets”. He urged them to lobby the government instead of protesting against developers.

Hmm…
    Li K-s has proven fantastic at accumulating wealth, and pouring concrete. Too bad he perhaps doesn’t figure that having a comfortable, healthy city is important too.

I always listen closely to Li Ka Shing.
    He is a constant point of reference that the beliefs I have are the right ones.
    But he does make for annoying listening.
    I have never held the opinion he has on any subject, ever.

Quite proud that my last post avoided territory that would involve lawyers or 10 paces at dawn. I find the man quite distasteful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.