Sai Kung mangroves

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum and fairly new to HK.

I went hiking in Sai Kung and the destination was Pak A. Not far from the destination (near Tung A) there was a small stream running into the sea with an area of mangrove with mudskippers, fiddler crabs, fish and birds (including some waders and a kingfisher). I was disappointed to see that this was being damaged by a pavillion being built there. I gleaned from the sign there that the building of it was already way behind schedule and the pavillion was half done with construction materials strewn around everywhere (there were mudskippers jumping from under concrete mixers).

This seems ridiculous. The pavillion is entirely unnecessary anyway as anyone hiking on that route is coming from or going to the villages that are 5/10 mins away so unlikely to take a rest at this point.

Is there anything one can do about it? Anyone to write to or get in touch with? Does the Sai Kung council just have a quote of pavillions they need to build or concrete that needs to be poured over the countryside that they need to fulfill?

Seb

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.