Two days in HK – how to maximise the time?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Email just in:

Quote:
    Love reading your site.
    Would you be able to suggest how my husband and I might best be able to maximise our time in Hong Kong. We only have 2 precious days amd love walking and beautiful scenery.
    We arrive at 0525 on Sept 18th and leave sept 20th at 0740. We have not booked our accommodation yet and are open to suggestions for something convenient but reasonably priced.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    With thanks
    Rosie Taylor

Woah! – that’s a tough one, esp as weather uncertain: would usually expect v hot and humid, but today is relatively cool for this time of year.

If first time to HK, circuit of the Peak, and side-trip up High West, good for half day.
    Dragon’s Back and Shek O also v good; could combine with the Peak if really go for it.

Then, New Territories or Lantau I think. Maybe to Ngong Ping on Lantau, some walking there; also to s coast of Lantau – Cheung Sha, Pui O. Could then take inter-island ferry from Mui Wo to Cheung Chau, for short walk, and seafood by harbour.
    If New Territories – Tai Long Wan, Sai Kung Peninsula; could follow with meal at Sai Kung.

For accommodation: not sure, must do page on this. Warwick Hotel, Cheung Chau, perhaps: laidback place, half an hour by fast ferry from Central.

Martin

Had reply to my suggestions, inc:

Quote:
    Thank you so much for your prompt reply. Would it be easy for us to organise our own walks.

The hotel you suggested sounds lovely except I think it would be difficult for us as when we leave HK on the 20th Sept it is at 0740 which means we have to be at the airport at 0540.

Maybe somewhere like the Ramada Des Voeux Rd Hong Kong (West Hong Kong) would be more convenient?

– to which I replied:

Organising by yourself is possible; may be enough info on my site, tho of course my HK Pathfinder book would be huge help :) [in various Engl language bookshops]

Ramada would be way more convenient.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.