Hello, directional help – transport to Lantau

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi, im new here, my family and i have come from Canada to visit. We’d love to visit Lan Tau island though. How do you go from Mong Kok to Lan Tau, ? which places of buses or taxis or MTRs do i need to arrive at? it’d be great for a bit of advice.

Thanks, Bob.

Post edited by: Martin, at: 2006/09/09 10:11

Hi Bob: Welcome to HK Outdoors! Several ways to Lantau. I think the best way – tho not most convenient from Mong Kok – is to take a ferry from Central (piers in front of IFC building; with New World Ferry), to Mui Wo on east coast. If time not an issue, ride a slow – ordinary – ferry, upstairs ("deluxe" ;) ), for best views as you leave Victoria Harbour, head out past islands.

From Mui Wo, could take a bus, such as the bus to Ngong Ping (inc Big Buddha).

You could also head to Tung Chung, on n coast of Lantau. Maybe take MTR, from Olympic or Tsing Yi stations. Or, there are buses; Kowloon Motor Bus has services inc E32, originating in Kwai Fong. From Tung Chung, are also buses to places inc Ngong Ping; also – soon – the Skyrail to Ngong Ping. And, of course, when you’re on Lantau my book Hong Kong Pathfinder will help with hikes B) Martin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.