Hong Kong Beaches

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

This thread discusses the Content article: Hong Kong Beaches

Don’t forget Lamma beaches. Lo Sho Shing Beach has the cleanest water in all of HK! Though finding it would constitute an adventure in itself. Complete with shark net, pontoon and lifeguards in a lagoon-type enclave, time stands and still and butterflies appear to run the place. One simply doesn’t realize they are in HK…

Hi Hellmantle – welcome to Hong Kong Outdoors!

Bit tardy replying, partly as a few days out of HK.

I swam at Lamma this summer – on junk trip; we moored right by the power station (!) – even looking with binoculars at beaches to south, didn’t appear any were great. Looks like I should try Lo So Shing tho (walked to it before); wonder re cleanest water in HK: beating Sai Kung, Tung Ping Chau?

April 2005 – and now visited Lo So Shing, tho didn’t swim; and, well, the water might be clean, but the beach is small, and power station in view (yes, view is better if look away from the power station).

[img width=450]https://www.hkoutdoors.com/components/com_simpleboard/uploaded/images/lam_lo_so_shing_beach.JPG[/img]

Post edited by: Martin, at: 2005/04/26 18:46

Anonymous

The beaches are not as clear as those in Australia. CAINS, GOLD COAST

Post edited by: Martin, at: 2004/10/04 03:29

Hi Yellow:

Err, yes, that’s likely true. But HK beaches are a darn sight closer to where I live (under 10 mins walk from my place to Cheung Chau’s main beach).
        And maybe several HK beaches are typically quieter than at least some in Gold Coast? Better hiking nearby, too?

Anyways, hope you manage to enjoy HK as well as Queensland.

Martin

Anonymous

Are there any nude beaches in Hong Kong?

Hi Douglas: No official ones as yet, but a beach may yet be designated for nudity on small island off Sai Kung.

Anonymous

Martin wrote:

Quote:
            Hi Hellmantle – welcome to Hong Kong Outdoors!

Bit tardy replying, partly as a few days out of HK.

I swam at Lamma this summer – on junk trip; we moored right by the power station (!) – even looking with binoculars at beaches to south, didn’t appear any were great. Looks like I should try Lo So Shing tho (walked to it before); wonder re cleanest water in HK: beating Sai Kung, Tung Ping Chau?

:laugh: I heard that Tung Ping Chau began to decline in population fur to “out-migration”..people were moving out..um..why? :dry: :blink: :rolleyes: :P :laugh: ;)

Tung Ping Chau has been depopulated for a few decades; down to maybe one or two elderly men I think.
            Move out coincided with widespread exodus from more remote HK farming areas, around 1970s I think, as farming became uncompetitive here, and cities lured (HK, and overseas). I also heard something re islanders experiencing problems with some people who came from mainland, burgling houses.

Anonymous

Martin wrote:

Quote:
              Hi Douglas:

No official ones as yet, but a beach may yet be designated for nudity on small island off Sai Kung.

For a less than wholly serious “review” of this beach, check out http://www.geocities.com/hkhemlock/rooster/diary-19feb05.html

Martin

Josh

According to my experience in Hong Kong, there are no beach in Hong Kong for you to be completely naked. Although there are many beaches in Hong Kong, you can’t enjoy a ‘full-body sunbath’ in an official beach in Hong Kong. 

However, if you just wanna get a little tanned on your body without showing sensitive parts to other, there are plenty of beaches in Hong Kong. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.