Hong Kong Marine Life Carnival 2009

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hong Kong Marine Life Carnival 2009 香港海洋生態嘉年華 2009

Hong Kong harbours an astonishingly high marine biodiversity. We have about one tenth of some 800 stony coral species in the world, and we have over 300 recorded reef fish species inhabiting our coral and rocky reefs. The on-going reef fish survey conducted by Eco-education & Resources Centre (ERC) has recorded nearly 200 species within Port Shelter alone. Despite this, our demand for seafood has affected local marine fishery resources.

In order to increase public understanding on reef fish diversity in Hong Kong and raise public awareness to sustainable use of marine resources, the Eco-education & Resources Centre is organizing the Hong Kong Marine Life Carnival 2009. The event includes guided exhibition board tour, guided snorkeling, booth games organized by various institutes and conservation groups, beach cleaning, origami day and mini concert. We wish to provide participants with a relaxing and interactive way to learn more about marine life and conservation in Hong Kong. Details of the event are as follows:

Date: 27 – 28 Jun, 4 – 5 Jul, 11 – 12 Jul 18 – 19 Jul (Sat and Sun); Time: 1100 – 1800; Venue: Sai Kung Pier (near the public swimming pool)

The opening ceremony will be held on 27th June 2009 from 1500 – 1630.

We hope to see you in the carnival and share with us the story of our ocean.

Tel: 26972029   Fax: 26972029   Website : http://www.erc.org.hk

香港海洋生態嘉年華 2009

香港的海洋孕育著豐富的海洋資源.據多年的研究顯示,本港水域擁有全球約十分之一已知的石珊瑚品種.而魚類方面,香港水域擁有超過三百多種生活於珊瑚群落及石礁的魚類.單單於香港西貢內海中,生態教育及資源中心的調查人員就於過去數年錄得接近二百多種魚類.然而,我們對海鮮的需求卻為本港海洋魚類資源帶來了一定程度的影響.

為增加公眾對珊瑚及石礁魚類多樣性的認知,及提高大眾對善用海洋資源的的意識,生態教育及資源中心將舉辦香港海洋生態嘉年華2009.整個活動之內容包括展板導賞、浮潛導賞活動、由大專院校及保育團體舉辦的攤位遊戲、清潔沙灘活動、摺紙日及小型音樂會等.務求令參加者於輕鬆及互動的環境下認識更多關於本港海洋生態及保育的資訊.活動詳情如下:

展覽日期:27 – 28 / 6、4 – 5 / 7、11 – 12 / 7、18 – 19 / 7 / 2009

時間:1100 – 1800

地點:西貢公眾碼頭旁(近西貢公眾泳池)

開幕典禮將於27 / 6 / 2009,下午三時至四時三十分舉行

希望閣下能抽空出席是次活動,並與我們一起分享香港海洋的故事.如需更多資訊,請以電郵與我們聯絡

With lots of rain today, plus distance from my home on Cheung Chau to Sai Kung, I wimped out on attending launch ceremony for the carnival. I lately posted following to Facebook, tho; unduly cynical for sure, but a ring of truth perhaps?

Quote:
    I’ve come to wondering if Marine Death Carnival might not suit HK better. Could get shark fin traders, seahorse sellers, folk who deal in horseshoe crabs, abalone and the like, along with bottom trawlers, maybe even dynamite fishing experts from mainland China…. Plus various government planners, who could show off schemes like Bloody Big Bridge to Macau and so forth, along with motley crew of polluters – and, of course, legions of consumer who power the Great Die-offs (me among them, in some ways).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.