Offshore Fishing

• This topic has 21 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Nemo,
    You might even try some flyfishing on the reservoirs (permit required) or even off some of the public piers in estuarine areas.

Hi everyone,

I was recently sitting on a friends new boat (47ft pleasure yacht) having a drink and the discussion of getting out of HK for a few days and doing some fishing popped up.

We are both relative amatures to the deepsea stuff but would like to hear from people about what kit would be needed where to go and what to do. We wouldn’t really mind about not catching anything as it is mearly an excuse to go exploring, but it would be nice :)

Hope someone can help point us in the right direction as I have always wanted to do this in Hong Kong after being told that it was possible a few years back!!

Thanks again.

Tam

Anonymous

I’m still surprised that nobody seems to know about the fantastic fishing we have in Hong Kong. I have been trolling offshore 20-90 miles away and back for over 10 years now and have caught several species of tuna, mahi mahi, rainbow runner, wahoo, baraccuda, amberjack, cobia, longtom, sailfish (once released 4 at the same time) and marlin. I even swam with a whaleshark on one outting.

I have written stories about the fishing which have appeared in Marlin Magazine in the U.S. as well as for local magazines in Chinese and have been in the Apple Daily holding fish. I have also updated fishbase with pictures and information of fish to be found near Hong Kong.

The season runs from around March to end of October with sorties taken outside of those dates when the N.E. monsoon has been quiet for a couple of days.

Hope you find a way to get offshore and experience the great, although relatively small in size, sportfishing available in the South China Sea. Try “googling” hong kong sportfishing.

Hank Terrebrood

Anonymous

Would like to learn more about Fishing. I did a bit of light salt water fishing in Hawaii and want to try hong kong. Is there a forum or can you suggest a few sources to join a charter? Or other options to enjoy a relaxing few hours on a boat thanks Al

Charles Frew, who wrote article on offshore and deep sea fishing in Hong Kong, has taken some trips. But currently driving across Russia towards Europe(!)

Today's Sunday Morning Post had article on game fish such as marlin and sailfish caught in or near Hong Kong waters. Sadly, internet version is only for registered users.

Hi Al, I do salt water fishing on a boat regularly in Hong Kong. Interested, drop me an email at [email protected] Cheers, Dave

Anonymous

Hi all,

I generally do solo fishing out in piers and beach shoresides on the island side,
          please feel free to hit me up in my facebook group, would love to know more fellow expat anglers in Hong Kong.

group name: Hong Kong Fishing Enthusiast

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.